Run or walk a 5K, 10K or half marathon between 7/4/13 and 7/9/13, and get some great swag while supporting a great cause: Medals4Mettle!
A virtual race is an event coordinated online where participants complete their miles on their own. It's a great way for people to connect their love of running or race walking with a cause they support. As a part of our race, our participants are mailed an awesome swag box, filled with over 25 samples from health, wellness and sports products vendors.
How it works:1) Register for the Swagtastic Virtual Races online. Choose between a 5K, 10K, or a half marathon (13.1 miles). All participants should be at least 18 years of age.
What's unique about our virtual race? SWAG! Race participants can register to receive our virtual race swag box. We know athletes love swag, and we know you love helping out great charities. We also have a non-swag option for those that just wish to participate and make a donation.
|This is some of the great swag you'll receive in our race swag box!|
2) Race bibs have already been emailed out to all participants who registered on or before 7/4/13. New participants will receive their race bibs via email within 24 hours of their registration. We will mail out our remaining swag boxes via US Priority Mail at the end of the first week of July.
3) Between July 4th and July 9th: run or walk your virtual race. Do it on the road, or on a treadmill. Do it all in one day or split up the miles between days. Self-track your time, and self-report your results. Report your results by July 12th.
4) All registered race participants who self-report their finish time are entered in a "virtual door prize" drawing for great prizes. The "virtual door" prize selection will be on Sunday, July 14th.
Some of our great Virtual Door Prizes include:
- $20.00 gift cards for Holabird Sports
- The Stick
- $15.00 gift certificates for RoadID
- Race medal displays from Running On the Wall
- Race hats from One More Mile
- Polar Bottle water bottles
Race Beneficiary: Medals4MettleAll proceeds from this virtual race will help our Medals4Mettle cover the costs of presenting medals to the victims and responders of the Boston Marathon tragedy. Any proceeds not specifically used for this will go to Medals4Mettle's nationwide efforts.
This virtual race benefits Medals4Mettle, a nonprofit organization that facilitates the gifting of donated marathon, half marathon, and triathlon finishers’ medals to children and adults fighting debilitating illnesses who might not be able to run a race, but are in a race of their own just to continue to live their life. It is in honor of this mettle and courage in bravely facing these challenges that they are awarded a medal. All proceeds from this virtual race will go to M4M to help them administer medal gifting to deserving persons nationwide.
All proceeds (after registration processing fees and shipping costs) go directly to support M4M. This event is coordinated entirely by M4M volunteers.
News footage on Medals4Mettle from rtv6.com, The Indy Channel
Media support provided by: